CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday 29 April 2011

Happy Royal Wedding Day

Hi all it's Friday again and this time it's the royal wedding.  Street parties, food, cakes, tea, booze etc.. Not in my street though.

Instead we are off for a lovely day at the Dawyk Botanic Gardens near Peebles.


It's laid out on a hillside so it's all good calorie burning walking in beautiful scenery.
We'll be having a picnic lunch about halfway up the hillside.

Sandwiches, probably tuna mayo (light mayo)
Apples/Grapes/Carrots
Crisps or something similar.

They've got a really nice coffee shop in the visitors centre and they always have lots of lovely home baking which I'll be trying to avoid.  :0(  Of course if I'm hungry then I might have a wee something with my cup of tea.

We had home made Pizza (bases and everything) last night, I tried the Lighter Mozzarella (ASDA) and I didn't notice a difference.

Here's the stats per 100g

Lighter Mozzarella 188kcals and 8g saturated fat
Normal Mozzarella 245kcals and 13g saturated fat.

Not a bad saving in calories and fat.  I'm not counting but it's sensible to look for healthier options as long as the taste isn't compromised.

Have a great day everyone, however you are spending it.

Luv Suz

0 comments:

Post a Comment