CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday 2 May 2011

What a weekend!

Morning all.

I'm glad it's Monday again, the weekend proved to be very challenging.

It all started out OK with a lovely trip to the botanic gardens as planned on Friday but once we got back I was feeling a little off.  The weather had become cold, windy and a bit dismal and that was exactly how I was feeling.

Now normally I'd be right off to the cupboard where the snacks are kept, having a wee look, and I have to admit that's exactly what I did.  I was standing looking at the crisps and the last few chocolate rolls thinking to myself  'what difference would one make', and the answer is maybe not much, as long as it was only one.  The trouble is I know me, and it probably wouldn't have stopped at one.  I'd be feeling bad for snacking when I wasn't hungry and then I'd be stuffing my face and by evening the diet would be done and dusted.  So I spent the rest of the day moping about.

Saturday wasn't much better, my poor mood morphed into a head cold which eventually sent me off to bed early.

By Sunday I'd had enough, after a nice long lie in (8.30am), I took my son off to see some of his friends. A wee bit of chatting, a little stretch of the legs followed later by a 45 minute Salsacise session and I was feeling much better.

The sum total of the damage

One packet of Sunbites
One cereal bar
20ish grapes
Two dinners where I continued to eat after I knew I was full.

Not too bad.

Truth is, it isn't going to be easy all of the time. At some point I'll have a really bad day and before I know it I'll be munching on freshly made chocolate cake followed by a really large bag of cheese puffs.  I know this because it's happened many many times before.  I've just got to hope that when it does I can shake it off and keep going.

Fingers crossed.

It's a new week and I'm in the mood for exercise..must be the snack guilt  :0)

Luv Suz xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment