CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday 11 May 2011

Getting your 5 a day

Hi all, hope you've been having a great week.  It's only one day to weigh in, so keep your fingers crossed.

As I've been posting a food diary all week I've been mulling over the 5 a day issue, and clearly I'm not getting mine.  Think I'll have to look for some more recipes with veggies in.  I keep getting full having my meals so I don't have room for the nice fruit or veg I've got in the fridge.

So I've been having a look on the web and here are some good ideas for topping up your 5 a day.

1. Glass of fruit juice with breakfast
2. Top your cereal with some dried fruit
3. Eat a piece of fresh fruit with breakfast
4. Try a fruit salad for breakfast, pineapple, bananas, kiwi etc
5. Try any of the following toppings on your toast, mushrooms, beans, chopped tomatoes, avocados, bananas
6. Try some fruit smoothie or a banana milk shake
7. Try the nhs 5 a day meal planner, it's got lots of menu options to help you a long

http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/5aday.aspx?Tag=Lose+weight

Yesterdays food not much in the way of fruit and veg... :0(  must do better.

Breakfast
Super Fruity Shredded Wheat with semi skimmed milk
Lunch
Smoked Mackerel fillet with salad and bread roll (cheese and onion flavour)
Dinner
Small homemade cheese burger in bun with salad and a few oven chips
Supper
2 squares Green & Blacks ‘Maya Gold’


Have a great day all
Luv Suz xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment